CAST is a group of neighbourhood volunteers which aims to give crisis support to people in need who live in St Mellons or Trowbridge and are affected by the coronavirus pandemic. They work in partnership with Rumney Coronavirus Support Group, Eastern High and Bethania Church. Their support includes:
- ‘Rapid response’ delivery (within 24 hrs): Groceries, supplies and medicines.
- ‘Top-up’ scheme: for people who can’t afford it, we can help pay for urgent essentials, e.g. groceries or utilities.
- ‘Breadline’ scheme: Appeals and donation supply line to local families, the Health Charity (NHS Wales), Fareshare, foodbank and homeless hostels in Cardiff. Working with Sainsbury’s and Morrison’s.
- Activity packs for families during closure / restriction of schools and nurseries.
- Fact-checked information and advice, including signposting to other agencies plus leaflets on council and other services.
- Safe social contact e.g. by phone, text, email, social media, through windows and front doors at a safe distance.
- Personal and spiritual support.
CAST can be contacted via their Helpline 02920 775934 (24 hour message system) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: food delivery, Medication, Shopping, Virtual companionship
Tel: 02920 775934