Our Therapeutic Group Support Volunteers provide an essential role within City Hospice.
Having someone to talk to is so important. Our therapeutic groups provide a safe space to talk, laugh and cry, amongst a welcoming group of people.
Our therapeutic groups include, recently bereaved, parents, children and young people, art therapy and other wellbeing groups. A qualified experienced counsellor is always present along with volunteers who help facilitate the group.
Our volunteers will also help to welcome those who come along and provide refreshments.
We’re specifically looking for volunteers…
• Who can understand issues surrounding bereavement
• Who can empathise with bereaved people
• That have good listening and verbal communication skills
• That can conduct themselves in a respectful and professional manner
• That have a sense of humour, honesty/genuineness
• That are reliable, have a friendly and polite manner and are non-judgmental
Our therapy sessions are designed around a set amount of time and once committed you will need to engage with every session. These usually run every month for a maximum of eight sessions.
All individuals registering applying for this position will be fully assessed for suitability. This will involve an initial screening either face to face, or via telephone with our Counselling Service Manager. Full training and support will be given throughout your time volunteering with City Hospice.
City Hospice, Whitchurch Hospital Grounds, Park RD, Whitchurch, CF14 7BF
Tel: 02920 524150