We are looking for mentors to be part of our mentoring programmes starting October 2023.To mentor a young person aged between 14 – 25, you must have at least 5 years industry experience or 2 years postgraduate. If you are retired or on a career break, you can also join!
The commitment is one to one, 1hr month over, 9 -12 months with a mix of online and face to face programmes available. No prior mentoring experience required, we will support you with training materials and preparation!
View all opportunities we have for you in our Latest Opportunities Pack for Cardiff and Newport.
How do I sign up?
- Sign up on our platform on 1mm.org.uk . Sign up as a mentor.
- Complete your Online Profile. Here you can fill in options that are best suited for you, what you can provide as a mentor, what benefits are seeking in the mentoring and many other questions that can help you with your matching process.
- Complete Online Training. This will involve training for being a mentor such as planning mentoring sessions, developing skills like listening, reliability and creating an open space and safeguarding. This training is mandatory and will need to be completed in order to get ready for matching.
- Attend a Core Workshop. After completing the training, you will be sent an invite for one of our monthly Core Mentor Workshops. This will take 2hrs of your time where we have our 1MM team to go through specific parts of the training, have an open discussion about mentoring and allow you to talk to other mentors that are taking the 1MM journey! This is mandatory as well and will need to be completed in order to get match ready.
- Your Match Ready! You’ll be either contacted about a match or you can have a look at our Latest Opportunities Pack after the workshop for any programmes you may be interested in.
One Million Mentors is a community – based mentoring project that has one simple aim: connect one million young people with one million life – changing opportunities. We want to give young people the opportunity to gain the knowledge, skills, networks and confidence to succeed. 1MM connects young people with businesses, professionals and people within local communities who have the experience and expertise in the world of work and want to share it.
Our mentoring empowers young people to become the best version of themselves: building relationships – free of assumption and judgement – where they benefit from another’s experience and perspective and can think bigger, find their own answers and take the next meaningful step into their future.
We recruit, train and deploy volunteer mentors, matching them with mentees and providing high quality support to both so that they are well prepared and can have an effective and impactful mentoring relationship. Our mentoring is one to one, for young people aged 14-25 years old, for 1 hour, once a month, for up to a year.
Listen to our podcast : One in a Million
If you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact our Project Coordinator for CCR, Raman Purewal at email@example.com
Tags: Community, In the community
Tel: +44 7503 745588
Mob: +44 7503 745588