Purpose of Task
To safely navigate deliveries of food to our Community Food Members and to assist in unloading and handing over of stock in line with food safety legislation.
Why we need you:
This role is vital to the work of FareShare Cymru, ensuring that food is safely delivered to our Community Food Members or collected from our food suppliers.
What will I be doing?
- Travelling with designated van drivers to deliver and collect food
- Representing FareShare Cymru in a courteous and professional manner at all times
- Supporting drivers to carry out routine checks on the vans, taking responsibility for the vans throughout the day and reporting accidents or damage to the van or other vehicles
- Supporting drivers to complete all relevant paperwork
- Planning routes, sorting food, picking orders, loading and unloading vans
- Assisting with maintenance of the vans including cleaning
What we need you to be:
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Good at map reading and/or able to use a Sat Nav system
- Positive, friendly and enthusiastic about tackling food waste and/or food poverty
- Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading
- Good with numbers, identifying different foods, writing clearly
- Able to work effectively and use your initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work well in a team and on your own
- Able to follow FareShare Cymru’s policies & procedures
- Flexible – there may be times when we ask you to help on other projects/tasks
What will I get out of it?
- Support and supervision from the Shift Leader and Volunteer & Employability Coordinator
- An induction and training for the role, including food safety
- Reasonable travel expenses and lunch when available
- A fun and friendly place to volunteer
- The opportunity to take on new challenges and increase employability
- A work reference for those who have satisfactorily committed to at least 3 months
- The opportunity to support a great cause and give something back to your community
Tags: Environment and sustainability, Health and Wellbeing, In the community
Capital Business Park,
Tel: 029 20362111