Rumney Coronavirus Support Group is a non-constituted community group comprised of volunteers. We are a crisis response group and aim to get help quickly to elderly and vulnerable people affected by the coronavirus pandemic . We have a Neighbourhood Support Team (NEST) of about 20volunteers. They provide a range of support actions from ‘Rapid response’ delivery of groceries, supplies and medicines, to safe social contact.
We require a part-time Volunteer Co-ordinator (up to 10 hours a week) to take up the following voluntary role:
1. Recruitment and welcoming of volunteers:
- Welcoming and organising into teams
- Providing clear role descriptions
- Ensuring Health & Safety and safeguarding guidelines are understood and followed; checking DBS if they have one
- Putting on our confidential database
- Supporting / motivating and answering queries; providing information & advice
2. Coordinating neighbourhood support work: posting appeals and referrals on our Team WhatsApp; supporting volunteers with agreed actions, for example shopping.
Please contact Mark Seed if you are interested in this role on 07815 184765 or email email@example.com
Tags: driving, Food, Virtual support group