|Just Like Us is the LGBT+ young people’s charity, and we work to make life awesome for LGBT+ young people in UK schools. Our network of 200 LGBT+ young adult ambassadors are trained to share their experiences in local schools and colleges, giving hope to LGBT+ kids and inspiring all kids to be LGBT+ allies.
** What do LGBT+ ambassadors do? **
• Complete a 3-day training programme in autumn 2019 – including a residential in London – teaching you how to speak powerfully in schools
• Commit to deliver at least 3 Just Like Us school visits (in pairs) locally per year
• Join our nationwide LGBT+ ambassador community, taking part in extra projects and campaigns and making life awesome for LGBT+ kids
** Be an LGBT+ ambassador **
We’re looking for ambassadors to start in autumn 2019!
Our ambassadors are concentrated in Bristol, Cardiff, Durham, London, Manchester and Oxford – but you can take part from anywhere in the UK.
You can become an ambassador if you:
• live in the UK
• are 18 – 25 years old and LGBT+
• have good written and spoken English
• would like to volunteer with kids
• have a passion for LGBT+ equality and visibility
We have ambassadors from various faith and ethnic backgrounds, as well as ambassadors with diverse LGBT+ identities, disabilities and levels of income.
If you are worried about a barrier to volunteering, get in touch with Taz (firstname.lastname@example.org). More information about volunteering at www.justlikeus.org/volunteer
Tags: Community, Education and Literacy
314-320 Grays Inn Road, London, WC1X 8DP
Tel: 0300 365 5002