Cardiff Lions RFC; Wales’ first gay inclusive rugby union team and crowned League Leaders of the 19/20 IGR UK Southern League, are inviting applicants for a Head Coach to join our existing coaching team. Currently based at the Diamond Ground, Whitchurch, the Lions have an active 1st XV currently playing league-style matches against other inclusive clubs and friendly games both locally in Cardiff and across the UK. The club also regularly tours to Edinburgh, Europe and beyond, as part of International Gay Rugby – Governing body for gay inclusive rugby worldwide.
The successful candidate would ideally have:
• WRU (or equivalent) Level 2 Rugby Union Coaching qualification (Level 1 with vast experience and CPD considered – funding available for Level 2 for right candidate).
• Experience developing a squad from complete beginners to experienced players.
• Be a team player and willing to work with and assist current coaches.
Key responsibilities include (full job description available via email):
• Creating and co-ordinating the implementation of the Club’s “agreed playing philosophy” throughout all teams.
• To prepare appropriate coaching and training programs to ensure maximum personal fitness, individual skills, unit skills and team tactical awareness.
• To lead a minimum of 1 training session per week.
• To be responsible in consultation with the Coaching Team for the selection of 1st XV squad/team.
• Representation of the coaching team at committee meetings on a monthly basis.
• To support Level 1 Coach with ‘Pathway to Rugby’ Programme.
• Attendance at Tuesday/Thursday night training (19.30-21.30) August – May
• Attendance at all home matches and majority of away games.
Please note the role is an unpaid voluntary position but reasonable expenses can be reimbursed. This includes travel expenses which will be covered if outside of CF postcode.
To be considered for this exciting role, please send a covering letter and copy of your rugby CV by 23.59 Monday 31st May 2020, or for more information please contact:
Gareth Waters – Chairman
Tags: Coaching, opportunity, Sports