Big Issue Group (BIG)
Our mission is to dismantle poverty by creating opportunity, through self-help, social trading, and business solutions.
The Big Issue magazine launched in 1991 in response to the growing number of rough sleepers on the streets of London, by offering people the opportunity to earn a legitimate income through selling a magazine to the public. Thirty years on, our vendors come from a variety of backgrounds and face the myriad of problems associated with poverty and inequality.
We are looking for volunteers who are passionate about our social purpose and wish to share their skills and experience to support our frontline offices and help dismantle poverty.
· To perform volunteer duties efficiently with a vendor friendly focus
· Demonstrate a commitment to the social objectives of BIG
· To adhere to all volunteer policies and procedures
· To provide additional support to the Frontline teams
To provide administrative support to the BIG’s Frontline teams by:
· Ensuring that the office is friendly and welcoming for all vendors.
· Handling cash and card transactions with accuracy and efficiency.
· Keeping accurate record of sales, pitches, vendor savings and tabards.
· Working with staff to engage with people who are begging, promoting the opportunity to become a vendor.
· Responding to the various needs of vendors by signposting to relevant staff members, acting with discretion when dealing with sensitive cases or vendor problems.
· Supporting staff to signpost and make referrals to appropriate support services.
· Supporting staff to promote financial and digital inclusion to vendors.
· Carrying out administrative duties.
· Supporting staff with ongoing projects, all aimed at furthering BIG’s mission.
· Support our vendors on their pitch by being positive, encouraging and provide magazines if needed.
You will meet new people in your community and become part of a friendly team
Tags: Administration and Office Work, In the community
Based out of office but includes city wide.
THE BIG ISSUE
Tel: 029 2025 5670
Mob: 07956 489827