|Marie Curie is the UK’s leading end of life charity. We provide frontline nursing and hospice care, a free support line and a wealth of information and support on all aspects of dying, death and bereavement.
Marie Curie Helper is a professional service provided by trained volunteers who offer one-to-one companionship and support to people with a terminal illness and their families. The service would not be able to reach those most in need if it was not for the commitment and hard work of the volunteers delivering the service.
Helper volunteers provide companionship and emotional support, practical support, short breaks for carers and help with signposting for information and support. (Helper volunteers do not provide nursing or personal care, or offer counselling or advice).
What skills and experience do you need?
· Commitment and reliability
· Patience, empathy and emotional stability
· An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
· Respect for an individual’s privacy, dignity and independence
· Willing to be flexible to the needs of the individual
· Ability to operate within the boundaries of the role
· A friendly and sensitive approach with strong skills around building rapport and empathy
· Excellent listening skills and an ability to build a rapport with others
Respect for individuals, regardless of their disability, ethnicity, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, gender, sexual orientation, religion or faith, or gender reassignment
Tags: Companionship and socialising
Link to application on website: Volunteer - Marie Curie Helper - Cardiff & Vale - Marie Curie - Volunteers Careers (oraclecloud.com)
Tel: 0800 304 7032.
Web: Care and support through terminal illness | Marie Curie