Jewish History Association of South Wales/Cymdeithas Hanes Iddewig De Cymru (JHASW/CHIDC) was formed in 2017 with the aim to:
- Preserve the tangible and intangible cultural heritage of the Jewish communities of south Wales and surrounding areas, including (but not limited to) historical records, artefacts, and oral histories.
- Make these historical records, artefacts and oral histories available to members of the public, following recognised archives’ and museums’ cataloguing standards.
- Promote, raise awareness, and enhance public knowledge of the Jewish heritage in south Wales by any means available.
This role is part of the JHASW/CHIDC Holocaust educational resources projects. It is suitable for a person interested in Welsh language, translation, social history, local heritage, and digital humanities.
The aim of the role is to proofread the Welsh language Holocaust educational resources we are creating.
- Excellent command of Welsh and English.
- Ability to proofread a document in Welsh.
- Organised, reliable, and able to deliver a task to a set deadline.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn and improve your skills.
- Interest in history and heritage.
What you will gain:
- Experience in proofreading.
- A chance to meet other people and improve your confidence and communication skills.
- An opportunity to improve your CV and increase your employability.
- Time Credits.
- A reference from JHASW/CHIDC (on delivery of the task).
Location: hybrid working: remotely and/or from JHASW/CHIDC office.
Start date: 22/11/2021.
Tags: Administration and Office Work
6 Moira Terrace
Mob: 0797 211 3952