|ACE is a community regeneration charity. It is about people working together to build community and to improve their own, and each other’s lives.
Wellbeing Boxes Volunteer –
Networks of support of family, friends, neighbours and community members, are the foundation of what matters most to those undergoing experiences of care-giving, approaching the end of life, death and bereavement. ACE Compassionate Communities project will provide practical support to people living in Ely, Caerau, Canton and Riverside and who are:
● affected by cancer
● approaching the end of their life
● caring for someone approaching the end of their life
being discharged from hospital.
These boxes include small handmade gifts, a Kindness Card, information about support and opportunities available through ACE and additional treats & goodies. They are delivered to community members by ACE volunteers and can be a stand-alone gift for the individual or, as often happens, can be the starting point for people to connect with ACE and have ripple effects that connect them with people, groups and services in the community.
● Lead donation drive to enable community members and local businesses to donate to the Wellbeing Boxes (please note that ACE also has other methods of collecting donations so the volunteer will not be solely responsible for this).
● Support the collection and storage of donated goods at Dusty Forge, in line with Covid risk assessments (training provided)
● Pack up to 10 Wellbeing Boxes a week for delivery to community members living in Ely, Caerau, Canton and Riverside, in line with Covid risk assessments (training provided)
● Help to collect information from community members to help shape the Wellbeing Boxes
● Understand and abide by ACE’s policies and procedures
Volunteers will gain:
● Appropriate and bespoke role training including training on compassionate conversations and health and safety
● Full access to regular supervision sessions from one of the project leads
● Full access to a monthly peer support group with all Compassionate project volunteers and ACE staff
● Time Credits (up to 5 per week)
● Good communication skills
● Ability to make connections with local businesses and encourage regular donations
● Ability to use social media to encourage regular donations
● Good time management and organisational skills
Tags: Community, Food
ACE – Dusty Forge 460 Cowbridge Road West CF5 4BZ
Tel: 029 2000 3132
Mob: 07736 958051