The Wales Community Rehabilitation Company provide a range of probation services for adult service users on community orders or licences. Our aim is “to change lives and inspire public confidence by cutting crime”.
You will be supporting our Service Users to make positive changes in their lives and local communities.
You will spend time getting to know the service users, taking an interest in their lives, supporting them emotionally and practically through advocacy work and providing some consistency at a difficult time.
It is a challenging but rewarding experience and ultimately reduces the potential of reoffending.
- You are empathetic, assertive and reliable
- You could be thinking of starting a career in Criminal Justice, substance misuse, debt, advocacy and counselling
- You may like to use your own personal experiences to help support others
- You might simply like to give back the community whilst learning new skills
The technical side:
- Formal training is essential to enable you to provide the highest quality of mentoring. A full 3 days training is essential with additional ongoing training throughout your volunteering career
- We provide regular supervision to our volunteers
- We require a commitment of two to three hours per week. The minimum age of applicants is 18 years old with any upper age limit dependant on the physical and mental ability to undertake the role
- Reasonable out of pocket expenses, including travel will be reimbursed
- We consider applicants with criminal records as we believe everyone can bring their own skills and life experiences to the role
- We require no formal qualifications, just an open mind and desire to help others
Interested? E-mail us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or head to our website: https://www.wales.probationservices.co.uk/cy/become-a-volunteer/
Tags: Education and training, Legal Work