|RSPB is Europe’s largest conservation charity. Giving Nature a Home in Cardiff is RSPB Cymru’s flagship public engagement project delivered in partnership with the City of Cardiff Council and Buglife. The project has already engaged over 25,000 children and their families across Cardiff with wildlife; encouraging them to connect with the nature on their doorstep and take action to support it.
As a Volunteer School Session Leader you will:
· Lead delivery of our curriculum-linked outdoor education sessions in English and Welsh-speaking (if possible) schools.
· Help classes to discover and learn about the nature in their school grounds and take action to improve them for wildlife.
· Encourage children to interact respectfully with wildlife.
School Session Leaders will be provided with their own set of equipment to enable them to deliver sessions independently.
· Enthusiastic about outdoor learning.
· Confident public speaker in English or Welsh.
· A positive, inclusive attitude.
· Comfortable interacting with young people of all ages and abilities.
· Resourceful, flexible and keen to learn.
· Organised and self-motivated.
· Interested in wildlife or environmental issues (you don’t need to be an expert).
· Happy spending lots of time outside in all weathers.
· Committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
· At least 18 years old
· Available to do online safeguarding training on 23 April
Tags: Children and Families, In the Community
RSPB Cymru Headquarters, Castlebridge 3, 5 - 19 Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff, CF11 9AB