Rumney Coronavirus Support Group has been set up to help older and vulnerable people in Rumney & Llanrumney affected by the coronavirus pandemic. They offer:
- ‘Rapid response’ delivery (within 24 hrs): Groceries, supplies and medicines.
- ‘Top-up’ scheme: for people who can’t afford it, we can help pay for urgent essentials, e.g. groceries or utilities.
- ‘Breadline’ scheme: Appeals and donation supply line to local families, the Health Charity (NHS Wales), Fareshare, foodbank and homeless hostels in Cardiff. Working with Sainsbury’s and Morrison’s.
- Activity packs for families during closure / restriction of schools and nurseries
- Fact-checked information and advice, including signposting to other agencies plus leaflets on council and other services.
- Safe social contact e.g. by phone, text, email, social media, through windows and front doors at a safe distance.
- They also have a Facebook Group for volunteers and people in need, with over 220 members.
Rumney Coronavirus Support Group can be contacted via their Helpline 02920 775934 (24 hour message system) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or via their Facebook page ‘rumney cornonavirus support group’.
Tags: food delivery, Medication, Shopping, Virtual support group
Tel: 02920 775934