|Cardiff Writers’ Circle (CWC) is seeking a Project Evaluator to help design and coordinate evaluation of an 8 month creative writing project in Cardiff this year (2022). Candidates with community evaluation experience preferred.
Who we are.
Established in 1947 with the aim of supporting the art of writing in all its forms CWC is the oldest creative writing group in Wales. We are entirely voluntary and this year (2022) marks our 75th anniversary.
Running from May to December ‘Cardiff 75’ is an 8 month project to celebrate 75 years of creative writing in Cardiff and to strengthen the local writing community through small scale activities, training and events in partnership with other local writing groups and agencies . Project elements include:
· A ‘Writers’ Gathering’: bringing local writers, publishers and others together to network, learn and exchange ideas.
· Writer development through creative writing workshops and informal event planning/management opportunities.
· Open mic and poetry reading sessions in small public venues.
· Publication of a collection of new work by participants towards the end of the year
· Ongoing evaluation to inform project delivery and future decision making.
We are good writers and story tellers but we lack essential evaluation skills and seek experienced support in this area in the lead up to, and for the duration of, the project.
§ Enthusiastic, passionate and communicative, flexible with time
§ General understanding of evaluative methodologies.
§ Community evaluation experience.
How to apply your talents
In the lead up to, and for the duration of, the project:
· Help design and deliver a deliverable evaluation plan for a community led project with multiple partners and diverse participants.
· Provide limited mentoring to 1 to 2 volunteers to help them develop understanding of evaluative techniques and practical experience.
· Help write an appropriate end of project evaluation report. There may be additional opportunities to present the report to partners/stakeholders and to publish a summary.
When: starting as soon as possible and finishing December 2022. Hours flexible to suit you but likely to be equivalent to one half day per week.
Where: mainly digitally, with some physical meetings in Cardiff likely to be necessary.
Who: working with the volunteer Project Team and 1 to 2 evaluation volunteers. Initial primary contact: Project Lead Martin Buckridge project lead.
How: the approach will be based on a clear methodology and involve ongoing feedback from participants and partners . It should be flexible to inform mid project adjustments if required as well as a comprehensive post project review with conclusions.
§ A defined time limited project in which to make a difference.
§ Work from home with energetic and creative people
§ Networking opportunities
§ It’s going to be fun.
Tags: Administration and Office Work
Mob: 079 3093 9215