The Jewish History Association of South Wales (JHASW) was formed in 2017 with the aim to:
- Preserve the tangible and intangible cultural heritage of the Jewish communities of south Wales and surrounding areas, including (but not limited to) historical records, artefacts and oral histories;
- Make these historical records, artefacts, and oral histories available to members of the public, following recognised archives’ and museums’ cataloguing standards;
- Promote, raise awareness and enhance public knowledge of the Jewish heritage in south Wales by any means available. The role will involve: This role is suitable for a person interested in social history, local heritage, digital outputs, archives/museums/libraries.The aim of the role is to create a digital Cardiff Jewish heritage trail and upload it to the ‘Walking Jewish Heritage’ app.
- The tasks will include:
- Researching the existing primary and secondary sources;
- Identifying gaps in the records / what material is missing;
- Digitising and cataloguing the newly acquired material for publication on the People’s Collection Wales (PCW);
- Uploading the material to the PCW.
- Writing-up the trail and uploading it to the app.
- Skills required:
- Organised, reliable, and able to deliver a task to a set deadline;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent command of English; ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience of researching primary sources;
- Willingness to work as part of a team;
- Willingness to learn and improve your skills.
- Knowledge of the People’s Collection Wales;
- Interest in history and heritage;
- Interest in creating digital outputs.
- What you will gain:
- Training in archive research, cataloguing and digitisation;
- Training in creating a heritage trail;
- Accreditation in ‘Digitising materials for museums, libraries and archives’, Level 2, Credit 3, from Agored Cymru (it is not compulsory to complete accreditation);
- Practical experience in archive research, digitisation, and creation of a heritage trail;
- A chance to meet other people and improve your confidence and communication skills;
- An opportunity to improve your CV and increase your employability;
- A reference from JHASW (on delivery of the task).
Tags: Administration and Office Work, Education and Literacy, The Arts/Culture and Heritage
Clos Parc Morgannwg
Mob: 0797 211 3952