|The Jewish History Association of South Wales (JHASW) was formed in November 2017 with the aim to:
– Preserve the tangible and intangible heritage of Jewish communities in south Wales, including historical records, artefacts, and oral histories.
– Make this material available in local depositories and online, following recognised archive and museum cataloguing standards.
– Advance public education, to promote and raise awareness of Jewish heritage in south Wales.
Aim of the role: To help raise funds for The Jewish History Association of South Wales and raise awareness of its aims and activities.
This position does not attract a salary, but expenses and travel allowance will be paid.
Purpose of the role:
– To help develop and implement our Fundraising Strategy.
– To help research new funding sources, particularly from Trusts and Foundations.
– To develop community fundraising activities and events both online and in person.
– To help in the marketing of our events.
– To help promote JHASW within the community to attract donations from individuals and the corporate sector.
This flexible and creative role could involve:
– Researching and identifying ways in which JHASW can raise funds through voluntary donations, merchandising, and fundraising events/activities.
– Researching, setting up, and marketing giving and donating opportunities.
– Organising fundraising events of your choice within the local community – whether it be a quiz night in the local pub, a swim-a-thon, or a classic coffee morning!
– Designing marketing materials such as posters to promote events.
– Sharing your ideas and successes to inspire and support other Community Fundraisers.
– Compiling a library of information and a network of contacts useful to JHASW voluntary fundraising activities.
– Sharing fundraising ideas and helping to organise events.
What’s in it for you?
– Becoming part of a friendly and dedicated team.
– Meeting people and making new friends.
– Improving your communication skills.
– Enjoying new experiences.
– Gaining personal satisfaction by generating income for a great cause.
– Able to use initiative and work within a small team.
– Fun, friendly, and personable.
– Strong organisational skills.
– Creative, able to think laterally and produce original materials.
– Good presentation and communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience.
Ideally, you should have some experience fundraising in the charity sector; this could include:
– Organising and running events/ fundraising activities.
– Experience of writing persuasive letters or proposals.
– Individual or corporate giving.
You should also be interested in JHASW’s aims and objectives and be passionate to do something about it and understand and sympathise with the overall aims of the Charity.
Tags: Administration and Office Work, Community
Cardiff Reform Synagogue