|As a FOOD Club Volunteer you will be part of the friendly team providing local families with an affordable way to access food whilst also saving food from landfill.
– Receiving deliveries and ensuring the safe storage of food.
– Completing daily checks to keep food safe.
– Distributing food to member families
– Introducing families to new opportunities and activities through signposting to local services
– Contribute to a non-judgmental, safe space and support families emotional wellbeing where needed.
– Volunteers will need to gain an understanding (appropriate to your role) of, and comply with, all relevant Family Action Policies and procedures.
This role would suit people who:
– Are friendly, non-judgmental and empathetic
– Have an understanding of working with vulnerable families
– Have an interest in or experience with working to tackle food insecurity or poverty
– Are confident speaking to a diverse range of people and an active listener
– Are able to work in a confidential environment
– Are a team player
– Are organised and proactive
What’s in it for you?
– An excellent opportunity to develop new and existing skills
– The opportunity to gain experience in health and social care services
– The chance to be at the heart of your local community, meet new people and be part of an enthusiastic team
– Out of pocket expenses
– Training, support and references
Training and support you will receive
As a volunteer with Family Action, you will get:
– Access to our standard e-learning package, giving you a great basic introduction to topics such as Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity.
– Access to an accredited level 2 qualification in Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering
– Access to the FOOD Club
– Face-to-face training to ensure that you are fully equipped with the knowledge and skills needed for this role.
– Regular meetings with your supervisor to discuss any challenges you are facing, and celebrate your progress in the role.
– Ongoing support from your supervisor and the wider team.
Tags: Community, Food