|ACE is a community regeneration charity. It is about people working together to build community and to improve their own, and each other’s lives.
Compassionate projects Volunteer –
Networks of support of family, friends, neighbours and community members, are the foundation of what matters most to those undergoing experiences of care-giving, approaching the end of life, death and bereavement. ACE Compassionate Communities project will provide practical support to people living in Ely, Caerau, Canton and Riverside and who are:
● affected by cancer
● approaching the end of their life
● caring for someone approaching the end of their life
being discharged from hospital.
Current projects include:
● Grief Space (alternating weekly between morning and evening sessions on Wednesdays)
● Coffee Mornings (Thursday mornings)
Future weekly sessions to be confirmed.
● Help set up Coffee mornings, Grief Space and other community engagement sessions
● Be available to answer questions and have conversations with community members
● Offer a listening ear and a supportive response
● Help set up, prepare and clear away refreshments (Food Hygiene training provided)
● Help to collect information from community members to help monitor impact
Volunteers will gain:
● Appropriate and bespoke role training including training on compassionate conversations and health and safety
● Full access to regular supervision sessions from one of the project leads
● Full access to a monthly peer support group with all Compassionate project volunteers and ACE staff
● Time Credits (up to 5 per week)
● Ability to communicate sensitively with community members and staff
● Ability to have conversations with people around care-giving, ill health, death, dying and bereavement
● Ability to promote compassion, consider support networks and work in a person-centred way (training given)
● Good time management and organisational skills .
Tags: Companionship and socialising, In the Community, Older People
ACE – Dusty Forge 460 Cowbridge Road West CF5 4BZ
Tel: 029 2000 3132
Mob: 07736 958051