|Our vision: That every child receives one daily meal in their place of education and that all those who have more than they need, share with those who lack even the most basic things.
Our mission: To enable people to offer their money, goods, skills, time, or prayer, and through this involvement, provide the most effective help to those suffering the effects of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest communities.
Our values: Confidence in the innate goodness of people – respect the dignity of every human being and family life – good stewardship of resources entrusted to us.
As a Community Volunteer you will pro-actively raise awareness of the work of Mary’s Meals in your local area. You will help to grow our movement by motivating and inspiring others to support our work to help us feed some of the world’s poorest children. As a valued member of our Mary’s Meals family, you will play an active role in the promotion of our nationwide fundraising campaigns.
Responsibilities can include
• Help us to share our story – give Mary’s Meals talks to local community organisations, schools, churches and faith groups to raise vital awareness and funds
• Host fundraising events in your local area such as coffee mornings, quizzes, bag packs and bucket collections
• Promote Mary’s Meals’ fundraising campaigns
• Help to organise and promote our back-pack collections
• Distribute and display promotional materials
• Place collection tins in local community areas
• Host community engagement events such as film screenings to share our message
• Help us to generate corporate support in your local area
• Support with local media opportunities
• Come together as a group with other local volunteers to support each other with this work
· Friendly and diplomatic to everyone you meet.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with people at all levels
· Enjoy meeting new people and interacting with others
· Honest and trustworthy
· Confident and willing to act as the face of Mary’s Meals in your local community
· Resilient and flexible
· Share our vision and values
· Enthusiastic to support the organisation and running of fundraising events
Tags: Companionship and socialising, In the Community, Marketing and media
Craig Lodge, Dalmally, PA33 1AR, Scotland
Tel: 01838 200605018